When you choose the Halton Homes Team to Sell your Home you have made a ‘wise’ marketing decision.
Our Marketing of your home consists of utilizing a multi-faceted approach so that your home is made visible to a huge cross section of the public sector.
Simply put we advertise your home in a variety of ways for maximum exposure!
We want your home to be Recognized!
The Importance of Marketing your home with other Real Estate Boards:
Visibility and Exposure:
In addition to listing your Home with the local Real Estate Board TREB , we recognize the importance of marketing your home in areas that do not show TREB listings.
In an effort to expand your homes exposure outside of Halton Hills we are members of three Real Estate Boards, TREB, Oakville-Milton and Guelph
• When someone searches for homes in Georgetown our site has top ranking. People will see your home !
• Your homes attributes are featured in up to 15 photos and a detailed description on our website HaltonHomes.com.
• The visibility of your home is increased and improved as we update our website on a daily basis increasing your homes visibility.
• Open Houses will be advertised here.
Realtor.ca, Oakville and Milton Real Estate Board, Guelph Real Estate Board
• For each new listing we purchase a personalized URL or web address for your home. This address allows your home to be found easily by buyers on the internet and will direct them to our website where your home is featured. This URL will appear in all marketing material for your home. We will also place this as a topper above our For Sale Sign.
Staging your Home
• Preparing your homes to show optimally is extremely important. Today's marketplace demands that your home is presented to the public to show at its very best. As a Halton Homes Team client we facilitate this by providing a 'free' complimentary staging session with a design professional to assist you in your home preparation.
• Since most interested buyers will view your home online before deciding to see it in person. We utilize the most innovative Virtual Tour photographers to create a second to none virtual tour of your home and provide professional photos that will appear online and in all marketing materials.
• A full colour, four page personalized feature sheet with photos and description is created for your home. We provide these for prospective buyers to take with them after they have been shown your home.
Sell sheets are placed at each of our satellite offices :Georgetown Marketplace, Erin and Acton
• A half page Ad is created showing a photo of your home with a short description; your personalized URL and Price for prospective buyers to easily find information regarding your home in our local or when required out of town newspapers.
Occasionally, one can see "For Sale By Owner" signs, and some owners think that selling their own home will not only save them money, but believe they have an advantage over the sellers that have their home listed by a reputable Real Estate sales professional. Before you decide to take on this very important and legally complicated process…remember not even most Real Estate Lawyers recommend selling your own home yourself in today’s market. Here are a few of the reasons why:
1. You are limiting your exposure to potential buyers (less than 10% of what a good real estate broker will generate) which theoretically means your home will take ten to fifteen times longer to sell on the market.
2. The longer a home is on the market the lower the selling price is. Why? Because most buyers think that if the home has not sold after this long…there must be something wrong with the home.
3. The selling/buying process begins AFTER the buyer leaves your home. Most sellers think that all it takes is for someone to see their home, fall in love with the great decor… and the offer automatically will follow. Remember that the buying process begins after they leave your home. If a real estate agent does not represent the buyer, and they are looking on their own…they usually leave the home and start to talk themselves out of the buying process. If the buyer is represented by a real estate professional... Realtors® are trained on how to overcome buyer's remorse--a very common occurrence.
4. Because of the limited exposure you will very likely end up with a lower selling price. Remember, in order to generate the highest price possible for your home… selling means exposure. You need the maximum exposure possible, to generate the highest price possible.
5. Most buyers find it extremely awkward to negotiate or even to talk directly with sellers and therefore avoid FSBO properties.
6. Lack of negotiating experience and lack of pertinent information often will result in a lower selling price, or worse yet, a bungled contract and possible lawsuits.
7. The majority of qualified buyers are working with experienced real estate professionals.
8. Many serious buyers will pass by a FSBO home merely because they recognize that it is not in the real estate mainstream. This can sometimes make potential buyers wary.
9. As most local buyers now retain an experienced real estate sales person to represent them as their buyer-agency, you will probably be negotiating against an experienced professional.
10. Expected savings in broker's fees will also be greatly reduced if you offer a selling commission to entice real estate agents to bring potential buyers.
11. If you are planning to use a Lawyer to help you negotiate the offer, then your lawyer’s fees will be considerably higher.
12. Only real estate agents have access to the up-to-date market information. News reports cannot approach the timeliness or specificity available to agents. Further, real estate agents are involved in home sales much more frequently than the average homeowner is. This familiarity leads to a degree of expertise that provides an edge on negotiating and successful selling.
13. You only pay the commission to the real estate broker, if they successfully sell your home at the price you are happy with.
14. Accepting an offer is one thing, ensuring a safe and successful closing is quite another. Real estate transactions frequently have problems on closing. Expecting the Buyers' and Sellers' Lawyers to fight it out or resolve the problems, can sometimes mean the deal is lost. This is the time that your experienced real estate professional can be the most important. Your Real Estate professional can act as a great mediator. Lawyers MUST act only on their client’s instructions and are not paid to negotiate.